It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:39 am Advanced search

The Perfect World (Currently Being Questioned)

Post anything you made here. You own music, art, stories? Post them here!

The Perfect World (Currently Being Questioned)

Postby SongOfStorms » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Well guys, after some thinking, I finally decided to wait out posting my story with Christopeer Golden, and just go into a personal goal, which was to make a Minecraft story here on the forums, to include lots of people from the community. If you want to be in the story, I have roles to fill, but I might not get your personality down, depending on how much I know you. Include your Minecraft username as well, as I'll need to check those out.
PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BEING IN THE STORY. PLEASE ONLY ASK IN THIS FORUM POST.
I'll upload a chapter periodically, but don't expect one daily.
Let's get on with it, shall we?
CURRENT MEMBERS IN STORY:
Toonwolflink418, Lucarimew, Silverthorns, AnimeJessica, Wilco, Narvik, Liz (Queen_Bacon), Koopatroopa, MutatedPuppet, Axelle123, BlueySky98, Magitroopa, Squirtle129, Tinibree, Poptartgamer, DarkbuilderX, Vio-Ivy, NiyghteS, Zelda_Queen, Charissachu, MC Gamer, PLink, SongOfStorms

MEMBERS TO BE IN STORY:
Mike_theguyinthehat, The_Silver, PurpleSteph, ChocoPoptart, Andy (King_Bacon),
Part I: The Hunt

Prologue

Since the beginning of our village, our ancestors have passed on the story of a perfect land down the generations. It was a land unlike any the outside world had seen. Anyone who was rumored to go there never came back, as they'd never want to leave. It was a utopia.

It's said that the streets are paved out of solid gold blocks. It's said the lamp posts lighting these streets are a bright, yellow block that needs no redstone to light itself with. It's said the houses are built out of a variety of bricks none have ever discovered. It's said the rugs are made of more colors than just white wool. It's said no enemies appear in the town, for the light of the hundreds-of-blocks-tall skyscrapers keeps them away. It's said everyone there is happy.

But of course it's nearly impossible to get there. No one who's come back from the trek to find the mythical civilization has even found a clue to its whereabouts. It's like the town only exists in our heads.

But everyone knows that one day, someone will find the utopia and tell everyone of its location so we may all live there. But that day may never come, for greed and selfishness keep any lucky people from ever coming back.

From coming back from the perfect world.
Last edited by SongOfStorms on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 21 times in total.

TZN Veteran, and hopefully long-time FFF vet as well.

Penguins. Wombats. That is all.
SongOfStorms
Ritter

Re: The Perfect World

Postby lucariMew98 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:33 pm

So this is the Minecraft story you were tell me about. It looks like a good read and I'm very curious as to what will happen.

I may not have the game. But, if you want, you could add me in to the story. LucariMew and you can use the Skin from my character in my story, if you wish. It's sorta a pirate or adventurer kind.

Looking forward to more! xD
lucariMew98
Baron

Postby Silverthorns » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:36 pm

It seems good, and the prologue is mysterious. I like that. I want to read more.

Username: Atem

Hope to see more soon :D
~Hoot hoo~

~A secret place for me and you. Where everyday was fun and new. A simple time played in our heads. We'll tell this story again..~

I'm a TZN Veteran!
From The Day TZNLive was made....April 2nd of 2011 to Feb 1st of 2012
Silverthorns
Viceroy

Postby SongOfStorms » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Please note there won't be this much dialogue throughout the story. It's just to push the story along, and should be over after this chapter. Also, if it seems like I just rushed through all the events and descriptions, I meant to. Finally, the story may at first be like any other treasure hunt story (The Goonies, maybe?) and will DEFINITELY be cheesy at points, but it evolves later on into a much different, more complex one. Now, please enjoy the slow start to a hopefully exciting story.

Chapter I: Not True

"Come on, Toon. We've heard you say that story at least five times in this month alone. Let it go."

I looked up at the guy in front of me. Toon was a hyperactive guy, with straight brown hair, a blue shirt, green pants, a big belt, and a black sash across his chest. He also had stripes up his arms made from an extremely small piece of orange dye he'd found when hunting a few months ago. He was very fun and easily excitable, but also a great friend. He did, however, get on my nerves a lot.

"Wilco, I'm just so into the story lately. I mean can you just imagine an entire city made from blocks no one has seen before? It's just crazy!" Toon closed the book with the tale he'd read so many times over and placed it on the table.

Toon, me, and a few of our friends had settled in Toon's house for the day, as the rain made it almost impossible to do chores, which we didn't mind. We'd been basically just talking all day, but Toon had been hung up on the story of The Utopia, which was "where dreams come true."

I don't want to go into too much detail about myself, but I really like to be in disguises most of the time, (they're very fun, in my opinion) and today I had settled on my favorite of them all: the plain white sheep one. For some reason, sheep just felt the most fun of all the animals in our fields to me. I also have an accent... not sure how I can explain what it sounds like, so let's move on.

Toon sat down in a huge thump on the wooden floor of his humble abode next to Jess. Her real name is AnimeJessica, but shortening names makes things easier. She's always quite mellow about things, but will go deep into projects when she needs to, and will be a motivational speaker of sorts when our feelings are down. Jess loved a very foreign creature she saw in a dream once, so she almost always was dressed like it. She said it was called a Growlithe and was sort of like a red dog. I just said she looked strange, but it's grown on me over time.

Next to Jess was the extremely hyper and happy Silverthorns. Thorns was always making jokes, moving around, and generally giving off good vibes. He had darkish-blue hair, with the front bangs swiping over his left eye, his right, bright red eye showing. Thorns generally wore black clothes, with white shoes, a white undershirt, and red on the shoulders. He never seemed to stop moving, and even now, he was pacing around the room.

"But what if it's true, Wilco? What if there is such a place? Wouldn't you like to live there? Be rich and do anything you wanted?"

"Rivercrest is fine. We've got everything we need here, right?" I said while turning to Thorns in my chair.

"Don't tell me you wouldn't give this life up for a place where you wouldn't have to do all this work, and everything was perfect," said a higher-pitched voice from the hut's entrance door.

LucariMew stood there, looking as normal as ever. To me, she fit in perfectly everywhere. (Metaphorically, of course) She had blonde hair that went down to her shoulders and a green bandana sticking out on top. She wore her usual green vest and white long-sleeved shirt, brown pants, and dark brown boots. She stood there motionless, her last comment still in the air.

"Lucari, we're fine here. We've got food, shelter, and something to do all the time," I told her. "What more could we ask for?"

"Maybe some variety. We do the same stuff every day. We also could maybe stop living off barely-cooked zombie flesh, melons, and bread. So basically, a lot of things to ask for"

I shook my head in displeasure. How could she be so ungrateful? We'd grown up in Rivercrest. It was our home. Sure, we weren't bountiful in our materials, but we used what we had wisely. We were a lot luckier than most villages out there.

"We have a lot as is. We have all the things we need to survive. Don't get greedy." I reached into the bookshelf behind me and pulled out a book to keep me occupied.

"I just want to get out of here. I want adventure." She quickly got a slight shine in her eye. "I want to find the Utopia."

I looked around at the group, laughing inside. The Utopia is a myth, and always will be. Everyone knew that.

"Lucari, stop believing in such nonsense. The Utopia was thought up by greedy people who just wanted to have fun."

But as I looked around to see how the others had reacted, they just had their faces down, twidelling their thumbs and looking at their shoes. I was unfazed, though.

Lucari moved inside and closed the door behind her. "Everyone else doesn't seem to think so."

I shifted in my seat. "Jess, you believe in the Utopia?"

She also got a bit tense, but kept her cool. "Well... I'm not too sure if it's totally real, but it does seem a lot better than what we have now. And it's something to think about. What if[/] there was such a place? Wouldn't you want to go?"

"Well yeah, of course I would. But there's first of all no proof that it even exists, and if there was, we'd probably just get lost looking for the place."

Everyone sat there for a moment, the only sound being the rain pouring down on the hut from the outside. Then Lucari came closer to me. "I'll make you a bet."

"And what would that be?" I was confused, but also intrigued.

"How about we go around Rivercrest and look for clues as to where the Utopia is. If we find anything about it, and I mean [i]anything
, we follow the clue and go out to find the town."

I silently laughed to myself. This would just be too easy.

"And what if we don't find anything?"

"Then I'll do your work for the rest of the week." She sounded so confident, but I knew better.

At first I was skeptical. What was she trying to prove with this? But then when I realised there was nothing besides what I could see, I smiled slyly, as this would be a piece of cake. I might learn a few things, but I knew in the end I'd be off work for the rest of the week. "I'm in."

=====================================================================

We started out at town hall. As all the records of everyone who has ever lived in the village were there, it seemed logical that looking for the mistakes of others might lead us to where the Utopia might be.

We walked in to see the mayor of Rivercrest, Narvik, standing there fixing his helmet. He wore all green, and kind of looked like a frog. He was actually, however, dressed in green and white, armor-like garb. Gold accents garnered his shoudlers, wrists, belt, chestplate, and shoes. Black goggles finished it off on his bright green helmet. Narvik was elected mayor about two years back, as he was a kind guy who was a good leader. He's gotten lots of work done on town, so I'd think he'd be up for reelection later this year. Apparently he has an accent as well, but I never noticed.

"Oh hey there, guys. What're you doing on a rainy day like this in town hall?" he questioned us, still trying to reposition his helmet.

"We're here to look at some old records," I told him, still smiling at how crazy this bet was.

"We want to find any clues to the location of the Utopia," Thorns chimed in.

Narvik blinked at us. I couldn't figure out if it was out of confusion or suspicion. "You guys do know that the Utopia is just a myth, right?"

"We don't think so. We just want a clue to where it might be," Toon said.

"Well, just go back into the records room. I'll let you guys go in, but don't make a mess in there, understand?"

We all nodded. The mayor then walked around us and out the door.

We moved into the records room to find four very long rows of bookshelves full of records of past citizens' lives. I'd never been in the room, and just seeing the vastness was astounding. The room was huge, and I'd never have guessed that so many people had lived in Rivercrest before.

"Any way we can sort through these fast to find the people who actually hunted for the Utopia?" Jess asked.

"No way. There's way too many records to look through them all. It'd take weeks, and we have no idea of any people who actually might have," I answered.

"What do we do then?"

I thought for a second. I didn't want to just slack off and not help them find anything, even if it meant I might lose the bet. But that couldn't happen, so I didn't bother worrying about it.

"I guess we move on to find more about the town itself and not the people who looked for it."

So that's when we agreed to check out the library, as there was bound to be a book on myths there. It wasn't a far walk there from town hall, but it felt very long as we didn't talk on the way. Everyone's mind was on the mission.

I might as well describe the village. Rivercrest was actually a bigger village compared to most. The houses were build from cobble and wood, with white wool rugs, and some torches lighting up the insides. The houses were connected by gravel roads lit by torches on posts two blocks high. The bigger buildings weren't too tall, having only two or three floors, and those were only the town hall, library, and hotel. The town was in the middle of a plains biome, with a forest to the south, and a desert to the west. It was a quaint town, and we all loved it.

We walked into the two-story library and saw the rows of bookcases everywhere. The same would be on the next floor, as well. Up front, behind a desk, was the librarian, Liz. Liz was one of the friendliest people in village. She was kind to all, and when she could help out, she would. She had red-brown hair that came down to her shoulder on one side. She wore a gold dress that her mother had given her as a birthday present last year that took much work to get. To top it off, she wore the rarest item in all of town: a necklace with a single diamond pendant on the end.

"Hey guys. What's going on?" she asked.

"We're looking up some clues to find the Utopia, Liz. We want to prove to Wilco that the town exists," Toon said. I shook my head in arrogance.

"Well I don't know about it being real or not, but myths and legends are upstairs, row three," she answered.

We all thanked her, and made our way upstairs. It took a minute to find the "Myths and Legends" section.

After several minutes of looking, I asked "Anyone find anything?"

"Nope," answered Jess.

"Nothing," said Toon.

"I may have found it," said Thorns. We all looked over at him to see an old book in his hands. I saw the front of the book, titled Tales of Historical Lands.

"Let me see that for a second..." Thorns handed me the hefty book, and I opened it. I went straight for the index. "Let's see... underwater cities... underground cities... floating cities... ah here we are! Hidden cities!"

I flipped to the page and looked past a few non-important places, then found it.

"The Utopia. A city made of many blocks unknown to any other location on The Chunk. The city is so amazing and well-hidden that no one who's gone on a hunt for it and found it has ever come back, because they wouldn't want to come back. The location of the town is unknown other than a few rumors that aren't found to be true due to none of the rumored waypoints being found." I kept reading silently for a minute, then looked up. "All of it is stuff we already know. And since there's no where else in town that would have any clues, I guess Lucari is doing my work for me for the rest of the week.

I slammed the book shut, and out flew a cracked piece of parchment. It floated to the ground, and Jess picked it up.

"What's this?" She unfolded the paper, looked at it, and her jaw dropped. "Guys, I think we just found a clue. A big clue." She handed the paper to Toon, who followed Jess in dropping his mouth wide open. Toon shoved it out, face up, into the middle of our circle and on the page was a map of the area around Rivercrest, with a giant X in the top-right corner. At the top of the page was a label reading Map to the Utopia.

I smirked. "Come on guys. You can't seriously believe that this is the map, can you? I mean come on; it's just a map with an X and a title written on. Someone obviously shoved it into the book as a joke."

Thorns grabbed it and looked at it closely, almost shoving it into his face. "I don't think so... while the X is definitely written on by some ink, the title is printed on the paper. Someone just wrote the X in, but the title is legit. It was printed on with the rest of the map."

"And if no one drew the title on, then the map must have been made specifically for making a map to the Utopia! We have to follow it!" said Toon, excitedly.

"No way. I'm still not convinced it's real," I said.

"But the bet was that if we found any clue at all, you'd follow it with us. Which means you have to come with us!"

I sighed. I did agree to the bet. And I don't go back on my promises. "Ok, yes I agreed to that bet. But I want at least Narvik to say what he thinks about it before I bite into this. He's good with stuff like this."

"Fine. But you swear, if Narvik thinks it could be real, that you'll come with us to find the Utopia?" asked Thorns.

I didn't want to. But I couldn't go back on them now. "Fine."

"Let's go then."

We walked downstairs and out the door, saying bye and thanks again to Liz as we left. Then we basically full-out sprinted to town hall. Even I was kind of getting the feeling that this could actually be something. But I wasn't fully on board yet.

Once at town hall, we ran inside to find Narvik sitting at a chair rearranging things on the desk. He looked up and said, "What's the hurry? What's going on?"

"We found a map in a book of mythical towns at the library, and we wanted to know if you could help us figure out its authenticity," said Jess. She walked over to the mayor and handed the map to him.

Narvik lit a torch from the desk drawer and held it over the map for more light. He squinted at it, turned it, and even smelled it at one point until he put the torch out and stood up.

"Well guys, besides the X, this entire map was printed at only one time. I feel it could be a real map to the Utopia."

While Jess, Thorns, and Toon's faces all lit up, mine stayed straight. I was happy to see that we might actually have a lead to some riches, but I didn't want to leave town. I loved it here, and had never really been outside of it. Monsters, lava, pits, and other things were out there, and I wasn't exactly eager to go head-on into a Creeper.

"That's great! Wilco, you promised we could follow this. You aren't backing down, are you?" asked Toon. Oh, the guilt trick. I couldn't just pull out on my promise. Sure I wasn't extatic to leave, but I was curious as to what we could find. And every minute with the map made me feel more and more confident that it was real.

"Nope. Let's get some supplies, and head out. We'll leave tomorrow."

=====================================================================

Author's Notes:

Hope you guys didn't find all the dialogue and running back-and forth and chessiness TOO bad, but I promise it get more exciting from here. Every story has to to start somewhere, right? As for some characters listed as being in the story, everyone I've written there has a part in the story, and will appear later on. It may take a while, but everyone has a role to play. But I hope you keep coming back for more of the story. Please comment below on your thoughts so far :D

SongOfStorms
Ritter

Postby lucariMew98 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Oh wow, this was an amazing read! You're a very good writer, that's for sure.

I really like the personalities that you gave each character. And that one line from my counterpart:

"We do the same stuff everyday"

That fits me so well. I hate doing the same thing over again and I tend to lose interest in things very quick because of that xD
And I don't mind the talking. I actually like it when there's a lot of talking in books going on, as it draws me in the story more. For me, anyway.

Looking forward to the next!
lucariMew98
Baron

Postby Silverthorns » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:02 pm

I agree with Lucari....
~Hoot hoo~

~A secret place for me and you. Where everyday was fun and new. A simple time played in our heads. We'll tell this story again..~

I'm a TZN Veteran!
From The Day TZNLive was made....April 2nd of 2011 to Feb 1st of 2012
Silverthorns
Viceroy

Postby Wilco » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:33 pm

I approve! And i'm honored the chapter was from my PoV :D sheeeeeep

Love the story so far, and looking forward to further chapters
Wilco
Knight

Postby The Silver » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:36 pm

This is something I have said often, but I will say it again: Delicious.

Now when that's done, I can't help but notice you have put my name on the list of characters (we talked about this during the Skyrim stream, but shh ;) )

It's a nice story and I wanted to know what would happen next, the cheesiness wasn't that bad either.
What did bother me was the discription of things at times, particulary the description of Rivercrest felt a tad bit too much for me, for some reason.

I like how you incorporated the hawkeye ability (not sure if this was unintentional or not), albeit a bit nerfed than what the mods of the server are used to.

That said, keep up the excellent work, just like It Will All Be Mined I can't wait for the next exciting chapter!
Visit some of my places:
http://www.youtube.com/silverdslite <== My YouTube channel
http://silversmind.wordpress.com/ <== Some other page, it has stories!
http://www.ask.fm/The_Silver <== My Ask.fm, ask a question =D
The Silver wrote:Wheeeeeee! Minecraft Waterslide!
The Silver
Knight

Postby SongOfStorms » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Hello all! Welcome to Chapter 2! But first, responses to all of your comments! As for the "good jobs", I really appreciate it. As a journalist, I'm not always sure how good I am outside of that specific area. But the encouragement is all I need for myself to keep going. As for the Hawkeye joke, not only was it unintentional, but looking back at it, I kind of laughed. And finally, as for the descriptions, they are my pet peeve of writing. I can never seem to think of them as perfect. They're either too long or too short. Too desciptive or not descriptive enough. But I digress. But let's move on! I'll add random people from the community as I go, as I have many open slots. Want to be filled into one of those slots? Then just tell me your Minecraft username (must be exact spelling and capitalization) and if you think I got your personality off by a bit, give me pointers, and I'll work on it. As for now, let's continue!

Chapter II: Let's Head Out

After the events that happened at town hall, we scattered and agreed to meet at the town gates in the morning. I went straight home from there. My house was a box, really. All made of wood, except for the carpet inside made of white wool sheeeeeeep...... whoa sorry... off topic a bit. Let's move on.

I walked in and immediately sat down in a chair near the back of the living room. I didn't know what was going on. Everything was happening so fast. A simple story and a bet turned into a full-on adventure out into the unknown, with only a map that could be fake to lead us. Plus, what if we never got to come back home? I don't think I could live like that. But my friends were counting on me.

I got up and went over to my chests. I opened the first one and pulled out a stone sword, two iron swords, a stone axe, and a stone shovel. I closed that chest and moved to my chest full of blocks. I took about two stacks of wood planks and a stack and a half of cobble. Finally, I moved to my only chest that was locked from anyone but myself, and pulled out the essentials. This included a stack of coal, a stack of redstone (you never know...), a stack of iron ingots to replace broken tools, an extra workbench, two chests, a bed, and an extra map to make a copy of the original map.

I had left half of my inventory empty for anything extras I'd find along the way, and I'd pick up some wheat and melons tomorrow morning from the town farm. I hopped into my bed and just sat there for a second. I couldn't believe this was happening. What dangers were outside of the sanctuary of town? But I'll say it again: I couldn't let my friends down. They were counting on me to come with them, and I wasn't going to leave them hanging.

I relaxed and closed my eyes, and slowly fell asleep...

================================================================================

The next morning, I was awoken by the sound of a knocking on the door. I got out of bed, rubbed my eyes, and walked towards the door. When I opened it, I saw one of my oldest friends from the town.

Koopa was a very outgoing girl. She always seemed to be in a good mood, and even when she wasn't, she still made me laugh. She had red hair, and always wore a black and red shirt, green shoes, and short blue shorts. What was most staggering were here green eyes. They were so bright and vibrant, and I really liked them.

I was still half-asleep, but I said, "Hey Koopa...," I looked outside and saw the sun was just about rising. "What're you doing here so early?"

She smiled and said, "Well I heard you were going out to find the Utopia. And while I don't believe you'll find anything, I wanted to give you something." She pulled out of her pocket a compass. Compasses were extremely rare around here. They usually were broken, and if they worked, they'd only point to one place, which meant you'd only be able to see the direction of one random location if you were lucky enough to find one.

"Where'd you get that?" I asked.

"My grandparents gave it to me a while ago. It was a present because my grandfather had made it himself, and they wanted to keep it in the family."

"So why are you giving this to me?"

"Well, it's basically a good-luck gift. Plus, since my grandfather made it, it always points to Rivercrest. So whenever you think you're lost, just pull that compass out, and it'll show you the way."

I smiled. This was exactly what I needed on the trip. A way to comfort myself from hopelessly getting lost. "Thanks Koopa. I really appreciate it. I'll be sure to keep this on me." I slipped it into my inventory, and looked up, but Koopa was gone. I stepped outside and looked around, but couldn't find her.

I walked back inside with the smile still on my face. This trip might not be so bad, after all.

================================================================================

After about two more hours of sleep and a quick trip to the community farm to grab some wheat, sugar cane, and melons, I walked towards the town gates. I saw that Jess, Thorns, and Toon were already there, apparently waiting for me.

When I got to them, Toon looked impatient. "Where have you been? We've been waiting for a half an hour!"

"Sorry for sleeping. Won't happen again," I answered.

Toon scowled, but before a fight could start, Jess jumped in. "Ready to go, guys?"

Thorns pulled out the map that 'would lead us to the Utopia'. "Wanna see the route before we head out? I showed these two before you got here."

"Sure," I answered, and he handed me the map. I followed along as he told me the route.

"We'll be heading north first, where we'll head through the plains a bit, hitting the forest hopefully by noon. Then we'll make out way through with hopefully not too much trouble, and on the other side is a village called New Haven. We'll camp out there for the night, then wake up in the morning and head off north-east, through a snow biome, and through a cave in that giant mountain. On the other side should be the Utopia"

"Alright. Let's go." We all nodded, and walked outside the gates, and towards the northern forests.

We walked through the plains, seeing grazing sheep and cows and lots of flowers, and the others talked about what they'd first do in the Utopia. I sort of tuned them out., but only a bit. I had better things on my mind. And no, not sheep.

"I think I'll want to check out the museums and stuff. I can't wait to see what they've made for paintings," said Thorns. "All we had in Rivercrest was a painting of a strange man whistling as he walked. How about you, Jess?"

She answered, "I'm not sure. Maybe check out what kinds of foreign animals and stuff are there. Maybe they'll have a Growlithe, or something even cuter!"

Toon shook his head. "Well I'm going to look into every building in town to see what goes on. Then I might go looting for rare blocks and stuff, and then maybe check out some stuff that's going on, and then-"

"Well what are you going to do, Wilco?" Thorns said, cutting off what would end up being a very long sentence.

I just walked for a second, thinking. Then I answered, "I'm not really sure, actually. Maybe I'll just look around."

They just stared at me then. Toon broke the silence. "Well that's boring. Why not do something exciting?"

"Well what if there's nothing exciting to do? I don't know what they have to do there. And what if there isn't even a city there?"

"I know the city is there. I have a feeling about it. But oh well. I can't change your mind," Toon answered.

We walked in silence, then, until we made it to the beginning of a thick field of trees.

"This must be the forest," Thorns said. "And we're making okay time, too. Not too far past noon."

Just then, I heard a noise behind us. I started to turn around, but Toon grabbed my shoudlers saying, "No looking back now! It'll only make you want to go back more!"

I struggled for him to let go. "Shove off! I heard something!" I broke free and turned around, and was tackled by an extremely large black spider, and I blacked out.

Author's Notes: This chapter was again to push the story along. Not too exciting, but hopefully will make you want to get to Chapter 3 soon! And it will be here soon, too!
Last edited by SongOfStorms on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

SongOfStorms
Ritter

Postby The Silver » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:24 pm

The second chapter was great! It felt a bit short, but that's probably just me.

I love how you are showing Wilco's obsession with sheep (maybe I will get a similar treatment with my liking of chickens?)
I can't wait for the next part to be released. Finally they leave the safety of Rivercrest and judging by the preview it will not end too well, which makes it really exciting!

The first thing I thought of when I read about the forest being one of the stops was my workbench house on the server.

Keep up the awesome work!
Visit some of my places:
http://www.youtube.com/silverdslite <== My YouTube channel
http://silversmind.wordpress.com/ <== Some other page, it has stories!
http://www.ask.fm/The_Silver <== My Ask.fm, ask a question =D
The Silver wrote:Wheeeeeee! Minecraft Waterslide!
The Silver
Knight

Postby SongOfStorms » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:25 pm

It seems I forgot to include someone I already mentioned to come along in the actual adventure... or did I? The world may never know. But until then, keep up the comments, concerns, suggestions, and such, keep asking to join in, and most of all, enjoy!

Chapter III: A Sudden Occurrence

I woke up to darkness. I was under many trees around me, but a very surprising person was standing above me.

"Hello sleepy head. Forget something?" Lucari asked?

I sat up, my head hurting a bit. Why did it seem like Lucari being hear was different?

"Obviously you can't tell. You forgot me in town! Luckily Thorns told me the route earlier, and I caught up just in time to save your sorry butt!" she told me. Oh yeah! Now I remembered! I knew we forgot something (or someone) back at Rivercrest!

"Sorry, Lucari. But... what exactly happened? I remember sunlight, then something knocking me down, and now it's almost pitch black." I was rubbing my head. Man, did it hurt!

Jess piped in. "A spider came out of no where and tackled you and knocked you out. We were in shock, but luckily Lucari had caught back up and had an iron sword. She took the spider down easily, and we moved you under the trees for safety. We've been cooking dinner ever since."

I looked over to see four furnaces burning with some beef cooking inside. Looked like they were almost done. "Well ok. I'm starved."

It took about fifteen minutes to finish the food, and we placed some torches around our area in the meantime. Afterwards, we sat down to eat while Thorns used some dirt he'd dug up to make a sort of base wall around.

In between a bite of freshly-cooked meat, I asked, "So how long have I been out?"

"About two or three hours," answered Toon. "We've been sitting here talking for most of it, but we saw some cows a little ways out and got some dinner and leather."

We then ate in silence until all of dinner was done.

I stood up and patted my stomach. "Well that was delicious! We don't usually have meat that good at home."

"We don't usually have any meat at home. We only have some bread, sugar, melons, and cooked zombie flesh!" said Lucari.

"Oh stop the complaining about home!" intervened Toon. "We do fine. And we're not here to go home. We're here to get to a city."

"Well let's get our beds set so we can sleep. I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired, and we have a long day ahead of us," Jess said, stretching, then moving towards the far "wall" of the area.

Everyone scattered, and as Lucari started to walk away, I said, "Hey Lucari?"

"Ya?" she answered.

"Thanks for saving me back there. I appreciate it."

She smiled. "Glad to help, and it wasn't any trouble." She laughed, and moved on.

I stood for a second, thinking about the day, then went over to the furnaces, put my bed down, climbed in, and fell fast asleep.

Apparently chaos doesn't take naps. I woke up to a high-pitched screaming (probably Thorns's). My eyes flashed open, and jumping around, attacking all of us, were at least 30 enemies. They somehow had broken through the "wall".

I was quick, and I pulled my sword out of my inventory. I jumped out of my bed and slashed at a skeleton. I dodged a shot arrow, slashed again, and he was down. I picked up some dirt and threw it at Lucari. "Wake up! I need help!"

She turned and her eyes opened slowly. Then they blinked and opened wide, and she knew what was happening. She pulled out her iron sword and jumped out of bed. She slashed a few times at a zombie, and it fell.

"What do we do? There's too many of them!" she said, coming back-to-back with me.

"I guess we have to take them." Then I jumped and hacked at a spider, while Lucari kept going afer the zombies. We fought hard, but with each enemy we took more damage. There were at least 10 enemies left, and we were both exhausted and beat up.

"We can't do this, Wilco," Koopa said, breathing heavily. I was almost ready to drop. I felt the life slowly slipping out of me.

And then, out of no where, a figure jumped out from the shadows. They moved so fluidly, that every slash hit another enemy, and it was like they just danced around every one of the enemies. After about a minute, the figure stood there, motionless, and every enemy fell and disappeared. The figure turned around.

I wasn't sure then, but the figure turned out to be a girl. Her skin was pink, with hands and feet being black. She had blue eyes, black-ish "hair", and... horns. No I'm not kidding. She had a horn on each side of her head.

"You're welcome." She started to walk off through the broken hole on the wall.

I was shocked at first, but exclaimed, "Hey, wait!"

She turned. "What?"

"Um... thanks for the help. What's your name?"

She stood there. "Mutated."

Fitting name, thanks to the horns. "Well... why did you save us?"

"When I see trouble, I try to fix it. Now goodbye." She turned and continued walking away.

"Wait!" Lucari said.

She didn't even turn this time, but did stop. "What now?"

"Do you know where New Haven is?"

Mutated turned. "What do you need with that town?"

Apparently Thorns had gotten out of his shock and had met up with me and Lucari. "We're trying to find the Utopia, and we needed to pass through the town on the way!"

She blinked, as if getting a tiny bit scared. "The Utopia? You're looking for the Utopia?"

"Yeah. So do you know the way to town?"

She shook her head. "I can't help you with that. But... I'll see you later. Good luck."

She jumped up into the trees, and was gone.

I blinked, dazed. Then I turned to Lucari, who looked as confused as me. Everyone had woken up for the battle, and were now standing behind us. I turned to them. "Anyone understand what just happened?"

Everyone shook their heads. "Good. Glad I'm not alone."

After a moment of awkward silence, Thorns said, "Ok, well we better get going. The forest is farely large, and it's already about noontime. Apparently we slept very late. So let's get a move on people!"

And so we all went to where we'd set up our own camps and started to pack our stuff. I took my bed, workbench, and the extra furnace down and put them in my inventory, but all the while I couldn't get the mysterious figure - Mutated was her name - out of my head. For some reason, I expected to see her later on, in less-exciting circumstances. What can be less exciting than being mauled by a swarm of enemies? Not sure. I'll let you know when I get there.

After we were all packed, we each ate a few melons, took down the dirt wall, and continued north to New Haven. Along the way, we cut down a few trees for wood. Along the way, we talked about random things, like what some of the unknown blocks might look like.

But the whole walk, my mind was still stuck on her face. I knew something was up. Whether or not she'd save us again or be an antagonist, only time would tell. But for now, I had to get her face out of my head.

It was sunset when we escaped the forest. We'd only run into a few spiders and zombies along the way, but Lucari and I picked them off easily. We got out of the trees, and in front of us was... a village that looked almost identical to ours. There was one small exception, though: they had an animal farm.

We walked into the front gates and found many residents milling around, talking, eating, and even playing some games. Everything looked more exciting and upbeat here than Rivercrest. I enjoyed it, but it made me long a bit for home. I pulled out the compass, and it pointed south towards Rivercrest. I put it back away, and kept moving.

"Wow! This town is so busy!" said Toon.

"Rivercrest is never this active, unless during a festival of some kind," Jess said.

We walked down the main street towards a huge fountain. Many people were gathered around the fountain, doing the things I had discussed a second ago.

"You guys new to town?" someone from behind us asked.

We turned around to see a girl, judging by the voice, who was made of stone blocks filled with shiny, multi-colored gems. She was covered in them. It was amazing.

"Hi I'm Axelle. I live in town, and was thinking you may want a tour." She smiled... I think. It was hard to tell.

"Um... we'd love a tour," I answered.

"May we ask why you're covered in shiny things?" Toon asked?"

She laughed. "It's just some Skin I made a while ago. I love changing Skins, but this one turns out to be the one me and many other people like, so I keep it on. Now shall we?" She started walking west, and after hesitating, we followed her.

"This is the residential area of town. Everyone gets to build their house however they want, as long as they stay in the plot and only use the materials we designated for the town. They can build how tall they want, but most people don't have the materials to go higher than one or two floors."

"Wow... so they can do whatever they want, as long as they stay inside the plot?" asked Thorns.

"Exactly... you guys aren't from around here are you?" she questioned.

"Well we're relatively close," said Jess. "We're from Rivercrest, but we don't have all this freedom to build."

"Really? It seems such a petty thing. Well let's just move on." We walked around at the end of the street, north, then east, as we looked at all the houses. They were so diverse and intricate. It was amazing.

When we got past the main street, we went east and saw their farms. They had 2 big ones. One was full of wheat alone, while another held sugar cane, pumpkins, and melons. Each farm was at least 4 house plots big. They were massive compared to ours. Every minute I was spending here, the more I felt like Rivercrest was less and less special.

"We have an enormous farm, because so many people live in town! We sometimes don't even have enough, with all this, to feed everyone, so we have to ration."

"This sometimes isn't enough? It's huge!" Lucari said.

"Ya it's pretty big. But it's a pain to farm it, and it's sad when we don't have enough food, because we have to slaughter a pig or cow to feed everyone."

"Aww... that's so sad..." said Jess.

"Speaking of animals...," said Toon. We just came up on the animal farm. There were at least a hundred of each type of animal, each pen being about 2 house plots big.

"Why do you have so many animals?" I asked.

"Well not only do we somtimes need them or food, but their an attraction really. They're fun to have around, we get milk from the cows and eggs from the chickens. We're all set, really."

And then I felt incredibly sad. We were poor. Rivercrest was poor and uncreative. How could this happen? Everything I knew was wrong. We didn't have animals, big farms, or houses we could build. We just had fun. And while that's important, we also need necessities, and they have them. We, apparently, do not.

And as I looked at the faces of my friends, it seemed they felt the same about it. I looked up and saw it was already sunset.

"Axelle, are there any camp spots or hotels that we could stay the night in?" I asked.

"Well there's a hotel out by the front gates. I'm sure you won't have too pay too much for a night. Come on. I'll show you where."

We walked along the path with her until we got the a four-story tall wooden building, with windows in every tiny room looking out. It was pretty amazing.

"Well, I have to get going. Gotta go eat some dinner and finish some work. Hope you guys have a good nights sleep!" Axelle then waved and walked away towards the residential area.

We walked inside the hotel and at the front desk was yet another girl. She had brown hair, paler-than-normal skin, grey pants, and a blue and white striped tee. She looked up and smiled when we walked in.

"Hi there! Welcome to the New Haven Inn! You staying for the night?" she asked.

I looked at her name tag, which read BlueySky. "Well Bluey, we'd also like some food, if that's ok," I asked her.

"How'd you know my name?" she asked with a shocked face.

"It's on your name tag..."

She looked down. "Oh! Haha that's right! Well yes, each room is stocked with some food. So you guys need a room?"

"Sure, we'll take 5 rooms," Lucari said.

"Ok. That'll be five iron ingots per room." I looked at each of my friends. We had the iron, but it seemed a bit expensive. But we had to stay the night her, so we handed it over.

"Great! Here are your room keys. Have a nice stay, and hope you enjoy!" She smiled, handed us the keys, and turned back to what she had been doing before, which I couldn't see.

We walked up the staris to the top floor, and we each went into our seperate rooms for the night. I opened the chest inside my room to find a stock of meat and apples. My mouth salivated almost instantly, and I pigged out.

After becoming full, I unpacked just a bit, and saw there was a window in my room. I walked over and looked out, and almost fell to the floor in awe.

The sunset was beautful enough from this view, but there was also the fact that I could see all of the things that were on the map (minue the giant lit-up town, of course) and it all looked so amazing in the light. I never wanted to let go of that image.

I stared for what felt like an hour, then snapped out of it and realised the sunset was almost gone, and I needed my sleep. I hopped into bed, and almost immediately fell asleep, satisfied with my day, for the most part.

Author's Notes: This was probably my favorite chapter to write so far. It was full of action and amazement, and it felt so vibrant to me. I also felt like I did my best job so far on this one. Hope you guys enjoy, and check back every day or so for another chapter, as I'm pulling them out pretty fast!

SongOfStorms
Ritter

Re: The Perfect World (Minecraft Story with Community Member

Postby Tinibree » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:24 pm

I'd like to be in if you don't mind. Minecraft name same.

This is very interesting, I like how you explain things and make it a lot like the game.

Mutated, shows up to kill some things, sound like Impa or Shiek, then leaves. XD
I am the Queen of Glomps and Zelda Riddles!

Avatar made by Silver~ 1/31/2012

I love you Wilco and Jess. My Mareep and Growlithe. You are two of the absolute best mods in the world. <3

Creepy Silver because why not? "It seems..."
Tinibree
Viscount

Postby lucariMew98 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:05 pm

(has not read the 3rd chapter in full, yet. But really wants to comment right now)

lol, the being left behind part fit me so perfectly. It tends to happen to me a lot irl. Knowing me, I probably overslept and no one bothered to wake me up to tell me xD

Now to read the rest, this is such an exciting story! Too bad Minecraft is copyrighted, because this should so be published. xD
lucariMew98
Baron

Postby Tinibree » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:16 pm

lucariMew98 wrote:Too bad Minecraft is copyrighted, because this should so be published. xD

That goes for yours too Lucari.
I am the Queen of Glomps and Zelda Riddles!

Avatar made by Silver~ 1/31/2012

I love you Wilco and Jess. My Mareep and Growlithe. You are two of the absolute best mods in the world. <3

Creepy Silver because why not? "It seems..."
Tinibree
Viscount

Postby Axelle » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:04 am

XD Axelle is just like me nice job, the story is really well writen to :D
Who says Pixels and sprites are not art? I got 2 words for them POKEMON AND MINECRAFT :D
Axelle
Baron

Next

Return to The Creative Corner